Friday, December 5, 2008

Because if you can't wear your wedding dress home from Stanley Park, where Can you wear it?

So early this morning, right before I woke up, I was having this dream. In this dream, I was discussing with a couple of my colleagues my upcoming trip to Stanley Park, and how it was rather dangerous to go at night. I was going, I mentioned, to take my dogs. I had three, a pit bull and two german shepards, which I think would ensure my safety in the wilds of downtown. (Frankly with those in tow, I could probably genuinely compete for scariest thing in the damn place. Mostly because I wouldn't have a clue how to control three large dogs at once.)

Anyway, in this dream I was also discussing my plans, whilst in the park, to change from my current outfit into my old wedding dress. This was an essential part of the plan, I have no idea why. What's weirder is that we were discussing how I would do this later but in the dream I was actually changing into the wedding dress at that moment. And what I remember is that the dress was actually loose around my stomach, which I actually thought even in the dream was weird, given that over ten years ago when I wore that dress and back then it was form fitting; ten years and one baby on and I definitely don't have the stomach I had then. Oh, sure, it's fine and all, I'm not in the least complaining, but the dress definitely wouldn't be loose now. 

We were discussing how nice the dress was (it was a very nice dress. Cursed, of course, given what happened to the marriage, but I hardly think that was the fault of the dress. The groom, perhaps, but not the dress.) and how much I had liked wearing it, and one of the girls questioned my wisdom in wearing it again, especially at night in Stanley Park, and that's when I, rather airily, uttered the immortal phrase,

"Well, if you can't wear your wedding dress home from Stanley Park, where CAN you wear it?"

I ask you. 

No comments: