Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Chalk another one up to my stellar parenting

So what did I decide to do this afternoon with a small child?

Well. Let's see. Of the available options, we had:

go for a walk
play with cars (the toy kind. really.)
go to the playground
go to the library
visit a friendly toy store
walk along the beach and look for rocks / shells
go swimming (no, not at the beach)

And that's just off the top of my head. I'm sure seasoned parents would have plenty more than that.

So which option did I choose?

None of the above: Put up Christmas lights!

Because electricity + standing on stool and reaching to the ceiling + sharp pins + toddler + 3 cats = GOOD TIMES. 

And it was only after the first time the pins spilled all over the floor that I thought ... hey, maybe this wasn't such a good idea .... 

I'm a bright girl, but sometimes lack a little common sense, I suppose. 

**************

Anyway, I suppose it wasn't all bad. I entertained the toddler for half an hour, taught him some new words and phrases, not all of which were bad, and now we have holiday prettiness. 

If I can just find the camera, I'll show you.

No comments: