Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Cold

So The Man arrived last night, dinner time. My Christmas gift to him was 48 hours alone in the house, cozied up against the snow, sleeping until all hours and eating what he liked. And this morning I woke up, and the cold that I have been battling for several days now walloped me with the tired stick. I still feel like I have a cold, but the cold itself is less but now I feel TIRED. I suppose it was the 48 hours I spent with my child, on CONSTANT VIGILANCE. (I feel like Professor Moody!) Now all I want to do is sleep.

I am not a good day sleeper. I am someone who can only rarely get to sleep during the day -- seriously, once I am vertical, it is almost impossible to nap. This sucks. It means I spend a fair amount of time walking around in a fog, when a good nap would probably fix me up. 

Anyway. We are apparently set for more snow tonight, and we'll be out in it today, and I suppose a good night's sleep and holing up against the snow will be as good as anything for fixing me up instead of napping. 

So off we go. Again. To the snow!

1 comment:

erin said...

This is crazy, isn't it? I never thought I'd say this, but I am looking forward to the rain.