Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I caved.

So I went back to the cloth store yesterday intending to buy only new needles for the machine. And a rotary cutter, since I don't have one. And just a little kit. Nothing big. Not a quilt. Not a real one.

Nope.



In my defense, it's not a king size to fit our bed.

Also, I'm not sure if that's a good defense.

But it's just SO PRETTY!


It's just rectangles with some randomly placed geometric star shapes. The yellow above is for the stars.

So ... easy, right?


This is the rest of the material. Doesn't it make you just swoon with its prettiness?

It's possible that I'm just a little obsessed.

Of course now I'm sitting here at home, staring at that big array of material and feeling COMPLETELY INTIMIDATED by it.

So there's just one thing to do.

Pick it up and start cutting.

(Don't worry, APC ... I will square it first! :) )


2 comments:

Soja said...

Yeah fabric! I'm trying not to become addicted, I really am, honestly, half the reason to start the Etsy shop is to provide an excuse, um reason, to buy more...
Anyway, not such a bad thing, you are going to be able to love that quilt forever. But I wouldn't follow my advice and rip fabric that small, it's probably cut pretty square anyway, just look for the grain line, with your lovely new ruler an rotary cutter it'll be a doddle. Is there a picture of a finished quilt? You no I'm going straight to flickr to look for one...:-)
Hmm, word verification is "cread" sounds good.

wealhtheow said...

Pretty pretty pretty!!! :D