Sunday, August 16, 2009

Starting over

At 11 o'clock last night, The Man and I were still debating over the layout of the quilt. (If it's not obvious, it's laid out on our king sized bed, so ... ) Adding that extra column really made a mess of the colour layout, and we just couldn't get it to work. Laying in bed last night (you apparently never really stop quilting) I thought that the initial layout really was the best, when I started from scratch with a pile of each colour and just went piece by piece. So this morning, I scrapped the first layout (except for the stars) and started again:



As you can see, I still have two holes. And at the very bottom you can see the two pieces of material still to go. I think I can make it work, since all the other pieces are ok ... we shall see. I will of course keep you posted with photos. :)

No comments: