Monday, August 24, 2009

Say what?

Today my son asked me to build him an astrolabe out of lego.

A what? I had to look it up on the internet. I'd heard the word, but goodness if I know how to make one out of lego.

It got even weirder when we asked him how he knew that word.

He explained how it was the name of King Arthur's magical sword.

We don't have that story.

And then he pronounced it again for us. "Asturolabe-er" he said.

"Excalibur?" we asked.

He beamed. "Yes."

******

Sight reading ... not all it's cracked up to be.

2 comments:

Soja said...

Ha ha! I remember a young child telling me that the 3 kings gave Jesus gold, Frankenstein and myrhh... How are you getting on with the machine? There are a few featherweight belts available on Ebay, from £3 upwards... But I think you'll be able to find one locally, and maybe have the machine serviced at the same time. I made my first sale on Etsy - the pizzle ball you told be I should list! :-)

wealhtheow said...

LOL! :D

On the plus side, it's a lot easier to make a sword out of legos than it is to make an astrolabe ...