Saturday, August 15, 2009

Nothing new here

I haven't done any more work on the quilt, but not for lack of wanting to. I have this grand plan, that once I have all the squares in the order I want them in, I can sew on the stars and pile the rectangles in an easily accessible pile ready to be sewn.

After I have them in order. Which is the problem. It just seems so much *work* to unroll that and prevent the child and all the cats from walking all over them while I hum and haw over where they should go and all. Despite the fact that I greatly enjoy doing stuff like this, I don't actually think I'm very good at colour theory and ... well, design. I used to do a fair amount of graphic design at my job, but that's all gone in recent years when I a.) ran out of time to do it and b.) realized I really wasn't that good at it.

Anyway. Part of me thinks that I should just sew them together they way they are now -- haphazard, it might be, but no two similar squares are together or even too close, so I think it could work. And really I have no idea how I'd make it that much better in re-arrangement.

And part of me thinks that I really need to take some time and figure it out. You know, instantaneously develop an aesthetic sense.

So we shall see. I have more time this weekend and the house is mainly clean, so I'll be rolling out that sheet and figuring out some stuff. Hopefully there will be more photos soon.

No comments: