Monday, October 26, 2009

Pregnancy Dreams

I think it's a common phenomenon to have dreams that are especially vivid during pregnancy. And for the past two months or so -- wow, have I ever. Every single night. I wake up every single morning shaking my head over the insanity of it all.

But perhaps the weirdest thing is that almost none of the dreams are about the baby. For instance, a few weeks ago I dreamed I was having a conversation with an executive from a large multinational resource company downtown. He was worried. He was the head of the Peanut Butter division, and the company was getting out of the peanut butter business and laying everyone off, but they couldn't lay him off because he was too high up, but he had no idea where they were going to put him. Obviously he had no experience other than peanut butter. Which wasn't so useful for other resource areas.

Last night's took the cake though -- it was a baby one. It was the one where we figured out we couldn't conceive on our own, so The Man and I decided I would sleep with a guy we know instead (because that's our best solution to unexplained inability to conceive.) And in the dream not only am I concerned about how to explain the child's red hair, but how we might explain how this new kid has an IQ so much lower than the first one.

Nice.

Crazy AND mean. I can't wait to see what the next six months of dreams will bring.

No comments: