Thursday, October 1, 2009

Yep, momma's just made of money, son

Today, in the car on the way to work and daycare:

Me: Guess what! It's already October! And fall! And next month is Daddy's birthday!

The Boy: We can sing happy birthday and have a cake!

Me: Yes, we can! And a present!

TB: Yeah! We can buy it from the present store!

Me: What do you think we should buy for daddy at the present store?

TB: A CAR!!

I laugh. Yes, Daddy would love a car, I say, but cars are expensive. What else can we get for daddy?

TB: thinks

TB: A BIG TIRE!!

Me: What on earth would daddy do with a big tire??

TB, in his best three-going-on-thirteen voice: Put it on his CAR, mom.

1 comment:

wealhtheow said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D

SP wanted to buy me a tire swing for my birthday once. Because she knows I really like tire swings. The problem being, of course, that we live in a third-floor flat and have no tree of our own to hang it from ...