Saturday, October 31, 2009

Randoms for a Saturday morning

One of the advantages of having a.) done this whole pregnancy thing before and b.) taking a while to get to this point in the process is that I have gotten to know my body far more well than I ever thought I might. But it has neat side effects -- this morning as I lay in bed, my abdomen relaxed , I reached down and felt, just below my belly button, my uterus, carrying this new child. The only thing I'm missing now is some quickening, but that too, I know, won't happen for a few more weeks. I've felt a few things here and there which don't feel like anything else, but I won't be sure what it is for a while. That more than anything is what I loved about pregnancy -- the baby squirming. Although I admit that The Boy was a squirmer, not a kicker, and I've heard that the kicking is not so pleasant. I guess I'll see.

* * * * * * *

Yesterday was the daycare Halloween party, and the child was allowed to go in his costume, which naturally he refused to do. Upon arriving to the centre and seeing that everyone -- and I mean everyone -- was in costume, he promptly changed his mind. Luckily I had prepared for this. But interesting how in that way -- he's just like me. Let's not step out of line unless everyone else does too.

* * * * * * *

This morning is clear and bright, the rain having gone through last night. Which would be good except for the fact that we had gotten out of the daycare yard cleaning on account of the fact it was to rain all weekend. Now that it's not raining, I feel obligated to go and sweep / rake / otherwise clean. Which is pretty much the last thing I feel like doing this morning.

On the bright side, if we do this, I might be able to stop by the quilting shop on the way home and get my batting / backing finally, which I meant to do all week from work and didn't manage to do. And this can turn back into a blog about something interesting and other than my swelling self.

* * * * * * *

The Man usually does the grocery shopping in our home, but yesterday I had occasion to do so instead. It's not something I like to do when it's a forced weekly chore, but going out to wander the stores to look for yummy things is of course delightful. I am completely amazed by the number of gluten free products that there are out there. I bought frozen pizza which we had for dinner last night that was actually not too bad. I mean, it's frozen pizza, so there is a limit to how good it can be, but it was pretty nice to have something that easy again, just out of the freezer and heat.

Also I found brownies made with fruit puree, which were not nearly so tasty as they proclaimed on the box. To be fair they were indeed edible (which isn't always the case for gluten-free baked goods) but double chocolate nuggets of goodness they were not.

* * * * * * *

Damn, I really am going to have to go sweep that darn yard. The day is gorgeous. All the better for trick or treating, I guess.

Happy Halloween everyone!

No comments: