Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sunday quilt

I'd like this to be a post about the quilt, and it is, in a way. It's a post about how, over the past several weeks I have been too preoccupied / tired / nauseous to sew, so I haven't been sewing, but this morning, I got out the machine (despite feeling terribly tired and nauseous) and wanted to sew, and ...

it won't work. The bobbin won't wind properly, but I got it wound. And then despite the fact that I have it threaded properly, it won't pick up the bobbin thread. No matter what I do. It looks pretty, but it works less well than before I got it fixed.

I am angry and disappointed. I've emailed the repair guy, who says to call him, but finding a time to call him when I can concentrate, without a three year old either clamouring for attention or being noisy? Ha ha ha.

Dammit.

2 comments:

Soja said...

Oh Genie! How frustrating, especially as you'd have been expecting it to be humming after it's tune up.:( Hugs to you, would have thought the repairman should have phoned you asap, not the other way around. Humph.

erin said...

Sometimes I put down projects I love for a while. I have this scarf I started in the spring that is GORGEOUS. It's all fancy-looking, like I'm actually an accomplished knitter or something. But some time during the summer, I just lost my steam or got busy or distracted or whatever. It happens. The nice thing is that I know I have an awesome, half-finished project waiting for me when I get the energy and creative urge. And you do too with your quilt!

Also: boo on the repairman. :(