Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Beginning the countdown

There was, I admit, about an hour last night when it seemed that this baby was going to engage his / her brother in a race to see just how close their births might be to the exact same gestation -- but aside from perhaps more intense pre-labour symptoms, nothing transpired at all and I woke up this morning more pregnant than ever. In this pregnancy, and really in previous pregnancies -- given The Boy was already out at this point, I am now more pregnant than I have ever been.

I mentioned this on the phone to my sister this morning and she laughed a little and said ... "Uh ... Congratulations?" I assured her that I did not feel that this was in any way an accomplishment or achievement of mine. I mean, the body does what the body does. I suppose in that way my body might be congratulated, but this certainly wasn't through any kind of conscious effort on my part.

But suffice to say -- I'm 37 weeks along now, and officially "full term" and this baby can vacate the premises any darn time. I'm not posting an eviction notice per se but I think we'll become much more encouraging, with more activity.

Because as I also said to her -- the one thing I'm MORE scared of than birthing this baby is birthing this baby at 42 weeks after being induced and trying to get an 11 pound child out of me. Eight pounds was HARD ENOUGH, thankyouverymuch.

I know, I know. It must be very amusing (or perhaps confusing) to read posts that in less than 24 hours volley between "NO NO NO NO NO I CAN'T GO INTO LABOUR" to "DEAR GOD, I WILL WALK A MARATHON DISTANCE TODAY TO JUST GET THIS KID OUT."

I can only blame the pregnancy crazy.

No comments: