Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Operation Sweep: FAIL

I was really rather hopeful around noon this morning when I felt actual, if irregular, contractions. There were even enough of them to time them. And then even when they stopped a couple hours later and I was just sitting here feeling uncomfortable for two hours, I was hopeful that things were just ... well, moving along without contractions.

But two hours ago when I lay down to rest and both the contractions AND the uncomfortableness diminished completely, I figured things had come to an end.

And ... yeah. Nothing. We got nothing here people.

Oh, sure, sure, midwife says it could be anytime in 24 hours, and things do often happen at night and all, but ...

I think I may have to resign myself to another week -- or more -- of pregnancy.

And let's not forget that one of the things the midwife said this morning was "Hey, how big was The Boy at birth again? Almost eight pounds? At three weeks early? Yeah, let's get this one out so it doesn't get any bigger!"

Eleven pound baby, here we come.

:: sigh ::

No comments: