Sunday, April 4, 2010

The silver lining, I suppose

In light of this whole bed rest / contraction thing, this morning I charmed my darling man into ferretting out the baby clothes from the storeroom downstairs. He dutifully did so and now I am washing baby clothes and swaddling blankets and burp cloths, and have cleared some space in a bureau for them. It may be weeks, but at least the kid won't be naked.

One advantage, I suppose, of having a nephew who was less than 3 pounds at birth is that I have several sleepers for the five pound child. I was thinking to myself that I'd just chuck those right into the consignment bin, because goodness knows a full term baby from me would be at least seven pounds, if not nine ... but now I feel that much more prepared knowing we wouldn't have to scramble to clothe an early one!

No comments: