Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Swept

This morning I sat and looked the midwife in the eye and simply said "Please get this baby out of me. I don't care how."

So she (TMI Alert!) swept the membranes in the hopes of getting something going. I'm just so done of the waiting. I'm large and uncomfortable and it's just damn well time.

She said this sometimes doesn't work, but I'm 2cm already and this should, all being well, start things off in the next 24 hours.

If not we'll repeat next week and hope for the best.

Guess we'll just wait and see ...

3 comments:

AvenSarah said...

Good luck! If we don't hear from you for the next day or two, I'll keep my fingers crossed (ok, uncrossed, this time... :) for you!

erin said...

Oooh, so exciting! Maybe more so for me since I'm not the one experiencing the discomfort and largeness. For the record, you looked adorable in the pictures you sent a while back. Anyway, my fingers are crossed for you and I HOPE we don't hear anything from you in the next day or two because you're off (easily, smoothly) delivering a darling baby!

Unknown said...

My birthday is Thursday, April 29th. I'd be happy to share it. :)