Friday, February 19, 2010

Damn pregnancy hormones

I drove to get my son from daycare today and Rod Stewart came on the radio. I'm not a big fan, I admit -- oh, he's fine and all but I don't own any albums or anything. And he's singing Forever Young and I started to cry. In the car. And God, literally at the point he sings "When you finally fly away / I'll be hoping that I served you well / For all the wisdom of a lifetime / no one can ever tell" and seriously tears were welling over my eyes. (Just as they are now, might I add. From writing it.) Had I not been in the car I'm sure I would have been SOBBING. My baby! Will he be ok?! I'll always love you my wonderful child !!!!!

(Never mind that said wonderful child has had an ... er ... challenging week. The kind when you wonder if trading children is legal.)

I remember this from the last pregnancy: country songs would reduce me to tears.

But the difference this time is that there's a person in my mind when I think about it. It's not the baby. It's The Boy. And I know this is a normal thing, I mean, I have one child, of course I'd picture him. But I've spent so much of this pregnancy not thinking about this pregnancy, I kind of wonder if when the baby finally arrives I'll wonder who it is. And my mind will go back to my little boy instead.

Despite the fact that some days I'd like to auction him off.

Must be the hormones.

No comments: