Saturday, February 27, 2010

I am a bonehead

Yesterday I got home after work with the small child, and it was raining. The Boy decided he wanted a fire in the fireplace, so in between texting The Man, watching a child, and defrosting and making dinner, I lit a fire in the fireplace.

At the time, The Boy was texting his dad (which consists of typing random letters / symbols into the texter) and I said -- tell daddy we lit a fire! And I said -- type these letters. F. I. R. E.

And then I went back to dinner.

And a few moments later, the phone rang. No hello. "Is everything ok??!!" said The Man.

Of course he'd texted back ... what?? And neither of us had answered. And not being omniscient, he didn't realize that when I said "fire" it was just in the fireplace. So to him, on the bus, I had just announced something was burning, and then disappeared.

Yeah. Clearly Friday evening brain deadness.

No comments: