Friday, February 5, 2010

Thank heavens for Friday

What a week! I had cramps, braxton hicks, a tiny amount of spotting*, a sick kid, a doctor visit, two calls to the midwife, and a positive blood glucose test. Yeah. I am SO ready for a new week. And this weekend? Two playdates, a visit with a friend from out of town, and a new whole grain muffin recipe! Should be a good one (the weekend, not the muffin recipe. But I hope that's good too!) And the last weekend before the Olympic madness, too. I'll try and enjoy it while I can.

But just so you know, there are crocuses coming up outside my front door. Lovely, beautiful purple ones. And the trees are starting to leaf. Seriously, warmest winter I can recall. Maybe ever. God bless El Nino. Life is fun.


* Everything is fine, so says the midwife. Just an anomaly. But not something you want to see at this stage.

1 comment:

erin said...

Oh gosh! I'm so sorry you had a rotten week. I don't know much about the glucose test, but I still have weird feelings about how they make you do things you don't normally do. (Fast, drink a weird super sugary drink). I'm hoping that a simple diet shift will be all you need to level things out! (I don't know what I'm talking about here, but I really do hope for a simple solution.). Next week will be better! Hoping your weekend is relaxing and refreshing. :)