Sunday, January 3, 2010

15 weeks

No, that's not how pregnant I am. That's how many more weeks of work I have from when I go back tomorrow until I am off to have a baby. That's .... that's not much. Especially since two of those weeks at least will be mostly off working at home during the Crazy Times (aka the Olympics). Thirteen weeks of being at work! My heavens!

I haven't been writing much on the baby, mostly because ... well, there's not much to say. The baby moves, I enjoy it. I'm getting bigger, although it seems imperceptible to me. (I don't feel any bigger than I did at seven weeks, but clearly I must be.) The baby is about 11 inches long, but I feel tiny to have such a big thing in me.

At the moment we're still on sporadic midwife visits (which I think get more frequent after this next one) and it's a bit like we're all biding our time waiting for the kid to just grow. I'm about five months (in months) or five and a half (if you want to measure weeks) right now -- just before Christmas was about half way. At this point it's all about growth and more growth and ... well, that's about it.

This baby is more docile than the last -- not much squirming at all. The Boy was a big squirmer, always moving, and this one can lie still for hours which always makes me wonder what the heck is going on. I have this image in my head of it kicking back on the placenta, remote control in hand. (My imagination does not actually notice if there's a TV in there.) And then there'll be a flurry of movement as s/he gets up for a drink and settles back down comfortably. Heh.

I'm still tired, but more energetic than I have been. I fell asleep on the couch at 2 today. but only dozed for half an hour or so, at most.

And now I'm going to see if I have enough energy to get to the maternity store to see if they have a dress that will fit me. Because I could use something pretty to wear (not to mention something comfortable!) for the next four months.

And shoes too. Because at least I can buy shoes that fit.

No comments: