Sunday, January 17, 2010

Mixed successes

Orange quinoa muffins. Pretty yummy! The quinoa flakes make the texture like oatmeal muffins, so they are pretty dense, but I quite like them. I think they will make an excellent morning snack.


These, on the other hand, didn't fare so well. Lemon poppyseed, with almond flour. The taste of them is fantastic, but I think that somehow or other (my mistake or typo on recipe) they didn't have enough flour. I cooked them for 1/2 again as long as they asked, and then poked them a lot with toothpicks and tapped them with my fingers ... against my better judgement, I pulled them out and -- yup: clung. They sank, and they are ... well, they are almost kind of done, but not really .... it's very strange. I think it's the almond flour, which does tend to make things quite dense and moist, and so while I think they are cooked enough to avoid food poisoning, they aren't quite the texture I was hoping for.

I will make them again, though, because they do taste really good. Next time ... more flour? More baking powder? More time in the oven? Something, for sure.

Recipes both from here.

No comments: