Sunday, January 31, 2010

Weekend at the oven

One of the problems I've been having with gluten-free baking is that most of the sites I find don't tend to post recipes for, say, breakfast cookies, or whole grain muffins. Most of the stuff is treat baking. Which makes sense, in a way -- I guess one of the things you miss most when you go off wheat is the chocolatey, ooey-gooey, icing-covered stuff. The treats.

Which is great and all, but I'm kind of over the chocolate and just want a nice equivalent of a healthy bran muffin to enjoy mid-morning. You know, with some yogurt and fruit or something.

But this weekend I admit that I threw up my hands and gave in, and made chocolate cheesecake brownies. Please excuse two things: 1. the horrible quality of the photo, which really doesn't do these justice, and 2. the amount of brownie gone when they were pulled out of the oven at 4pm today. Shocking, I know.

Anyway I guess there's always next weekend to search for the next gluten-free bran muffin.

No comments: