Tuesday, January 19, 2010

If you sit still long enough, I might eat you

I think maybe this baby is having a growth spurt or something because yesterday and today all I can think about is what I can eat next. Apparently everything in the house is DELICIOUS. Pickles! Chocolate! Oranges! Apples! Cheese! Toast! Muffins! Cookies! Salad! Pine Nuts! I could go on. You name it, I'll eat it.

In different (but of course completely unrelated) news, yesterday my work colleague gasped when she saw me, and said -- wow, you grew over the weekend!! Another mom at the daycare mentioned I looked like I had finally popped. And yesterday in a meeting the conversation veered wildly from "when are you due?" to "Did you hear about that teenager who had a 250 pound tumour removed from her abdomen??" "Oh, and how about that guy who weighted 1300 pounds?"

I'm sure their choice of topics was completely unrelated to me. Really. Now where's the food?

1 comment:

wealhtheow said...

I suppose a photo is out of the question? ;^)

Listen, at least you're not devouring entire bags of Cheetohs and vats of mashed potatoes and ice cream, like I did when I was pregnant ...

(word verification: "susudion" -- a Phil Collins song played on an accordion.)