Saturday, January 9, 2010

More gluten-free baking

Today I am making these. Ginger and molasses cupcakes. With cream cheese icing. Because I deem it so. Take a look at that recipe -- the first ingredient is ginger. Not powdered -- no no, that comes LATER. Fresh ginger, grated.

I have a feeling I have made these just for me too. I can't imagine my kid will eat them -- much too spicy.

(He's also gone off a lot of food recently. Which is disappointing, he used to be much more adventurous. We get a lot of "I don't LIKE ... " whatever it is we're eating. Despite the fact that he's eaten and enjoyed the very same thing countless times. I suppose it's just a phase, and frankly a less annoying one than the "I won't go to bed!" phase which has been played around this house since, oh, BIRTH. Just in various keys and various tunes, but the end message is the same.)

And recipe makes a dozen? HA. I have a good 18, and good size ones too. I will be eating these all next week.

I sure hope I like them.

I will actually try and post photos this time.

No comments: